Monday, May 21, 2007

Delinquency

For those distraught by the dearth of mathematically themed writings in this space, may I suggest my shared items in Google Reader, easily accessed either by the first of the above links, or in the sidebar of this page, entitled "And what have I been reading?"

My distractions from these posts have not been all work. I've written before about the great strides being made in human-computer interaction, especially regarding tools for musical creation. Last Saturday night I had the extreme pleasure of seeing Björk (or B. Guðmundsdóttir, for the sake of nomenclatural purity) perform at the Shoreline amphitheater, with M. Bell at the helm of a reactable. This instrument, first pointed out to me by J. Hopper (who is inexplicably nigh invisible to Google), is similar to the audiopad from MIT's media lab, but with a crucial difference: it is out of the prototype stage, and in front of a mainstream audience. Hopefully commercialization is not too far off.

No comments: